Dear Imaginary Reader: I have been nominated for a LIEBSTER award by Maria Cristina Georgescu over at MCG Reviews and Rants. YAY!!! I want to thank her because it’s very flattering, and totally made my day, (which is looking rainy otherwise. I also want to thank the readers who support smaller/newer blogs.
ABOUT THE AWARD: The Liebster Award is a “favourite blog award” (Liebster being the German word for favourite, beloved, or dearest.) It was meant for smaller blogs to help them gain exposure, as well as link them to other new and upcoming bloggers.
Rules for nominees:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- When you receive the award, answer the 10 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Pass the award onto other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- Write-up 10 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your blog
MCG’s Interview Questions:
1. Who’s your favorite author?
That’s like asking about the one star you prefer out of a starry sky! Some folks are obvious, (Shakespeare!) but if I have to mention a more unusual author, it might be Alexandre Dumas. Ok, he’s hardly obscure, but few people today read him beyond his two biggest hits (“The Three Musketeers” and “The Count of Montecristo”). It’s a crime, because if you like history, wit, intrigue, and are willing to dig deep into library/ Internet archives, there’s literally DOZENS of other great Dumas novels out there.
2. What movie would you recommend for everyone to see?
At some point I force all my friends to watch Lukas Moodysson’s “Together.” Then I wait to see if they get tears of joy with the final scene. If they DIDN’T get tears of joy, I would have to throw them into an industrial smelting pot, because they would be evil robots. But that hasn’t happened yet.
3. iPhone or Android Smartphone?
4. Best memory from high school?
Playing tournaments of Truth or Dare. That should be an integral part of every high school education.
5. What is your favorite TV show?
All time? Probably “The Simpsons”. There was a time in my life when a 24-hour all-Simpsons channel would have made perfect sense to me.
6. Best ethnic food?
Let’s not get racist!
7. Best pet name?
Chairman Meow. Pussolini!
8. If you could move to any city, which one would it be?
I like it where I am 🙂
9. Best fictional world?
I think I would have very much enjoyed going to Hogwarts. The earlier, less-deadly Hogwarts, I mean. Also, whatever funny planet it is that P. G. Wodehouse’s characters live in.
10. What question would you like to be asked and what would you answer?
That one, and I would answer like this!
My nominees (you should check them out):
Interview questions for nominees:
1. What is your favorite passage in a book?
2. What do you think was the best movie 0f 2013?
3. Why is grape soda so horrible?
4. What is the biggest wound/cut/broken bone/accident you ever had?
5. Who is your favorite character from any TV show?
6. If you had to lose any one body part, which would it be? (MORBID!)
7. What is the worst book you ever read?
8. What do you think would entice people to read more?
9. Name one celebrity you would love to play Twister with.
10. Name one celebrity whose head you’ll love to twist off.